Jays Chicken Fried Steak. This recipe for chicken fried steak includes a batter spiked with Tabasco Sauce and a pan gravy that is sure to satisfy all the chicken-fried steak lovers at your table. I have made Chicken Fried Steak for years and am always looking for the ultimate coating. I think I have found it in this recipe!
For the steak: Begin with setting up an assembly line of dishes. Chicken fried steak is a Southern diner tradition. You'll find it on the menu at nearly every mom-and-pop spot and at larger chains as well. You can have Jays Chicken Fried Steak using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jays Chicken Fried Steak
- It’s of Meat.
- Prepare 2 each of Cubed Steaks.
- You need of Extras.
- It’s 1 of Bread Crumbs.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 of seasoned salt.
- It’s 1 of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Cold Water.
It's the first thing my husband orders whenever we return home to Georgia. But, thanks to this pantry-friendly, one-pan recipe, you don't have to leave the house (or. The Ultimate Chicken Fried Steak is fried to golden perfection and topped with the creamiest gravy you can imagine, sure to quickly become a family favorite. It's hard to imagine a more quintessential Southern meal than Chicken Fried Steak and Gravy.
Jays Chicken Fried Steak instructions
- Add all seasoning to flour. Amounts of seasoning may vary depending on taste preferences..
- Add Mayo to a medium sized bowl, mix in cold water with whisk. (2 eggs can be used instead of mayo).
- Make sure cubed steaks are defrosted. In a large skillet heat vegetable oil on heat setting #7. Skillet should be hot when adding CFS causing a frying sound when you put them in the oil. Depending on the size of your pan the amount of oil may vary. Oil should nearly cover CFS but not completely..
- First take one cubed steak and dip mayo mixture, then flour, then bread crumbs. Lay CFS on a cutting board and kneed until CFS grows at least 1inch. Repeat first 3 steps and finally kneed another inch. Now gently put CFS in hot oil. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on one side until golden brown. Flip CFS and cook an additional 2 min. Remove from oil and place on napkin or paper towel to blot oil. Wait 1 to 2 minutes before placing second CFS in oil, as you will want the oil at the correct temperature. Repeat same steps for second CFS..
The BEST Chicken Fried Steak recipe online! This country fried steak is crunchy, crispy, and beyond flavorful. Cube steak recipes are taken to new heights. Arguably one of the most delicious, decadent foods that one person could ever eat. Chicken Fried Steak with Gravy is the ultimate southern comfort food.