Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak. Today I am making tender velveted pepper steak Chinese restaurant style right at home. Welcome to Simply Mamá Cooks YouTube Channel! I am a Mom to a blended Korean / Mexican American family that loves to share what I cook in my home.
The American version is not spicy and does not use as much black pepper spice in the sauce. Crock pot pepper steak is an easy homemade version of the classic Chinese American dish. Bell peppers and tender beef in a rich, thick sauce made with ginger, soy sauce and Cook It Quick: Mom's Pepper Steak. You can cook Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak
- You need of sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of beef bullion.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of sirloin steak, 1 inch thick, cut into thin 2 inch long strips.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 3 medium of green bell peppers, julienned.
- It’s 2 medium of onions.
- You need 1 of 6-ounce can of water chestnuts, drained.
- It’s 4 of green onions, chopped.
Free weblog publishing tool from Google, for sharing text, photos and video. Easy Chinese Pepper Steak will quickly become a family stir-fry favorite. It's a simple stir-fry style dish of onions, peppers, and steak cooked in a wok with a yummy garlic ginger sauce. Saucy Paleo Chinese Pepper Steak Stir-Fry recipe with Worcestershire steak sauce.
Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak step by step
- Add the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside..
- Sprinkle the strips of sirloin with the ginger powder and black pepper. Mix by hand to coat evenly. Set aside..
- In a skillet or wok, heat the oil and garlic over medium high heat for about 5 minutes to allow the garlic to infuse with the oil..
- Add the seasoned strips of sirloin to the hot oil and stir fry until you no longer see any pink on the beef. About 5 minutes. Remove the meat to a bowl and set aside..
- Now add the peppers and water chestnuts to the hot oil and stir fry for about 4 minutes..
- Next, add the onion and continue stir frying until the onions are translucent..
- Add the sirloin back in and give it a couple of stirs. Before you add the sauce, give it a stir because the cornstarch will have settled to the bottom. Stir the sauce into the meat and veggies. Raise the heat and continue stirring until sauce thickens..
- Turn off the heat and toss in the green onion pieces. Give it a couple of stirs..
- Serve hot over rice with plenty of sauce..
This healthy Pepper Steak is easy, quick, low carb, and gluten-free with no added sugar. A healthy, delicious takeout recipe everyone in the family can enjoy! Chinese Pepper Steak was never a recipe we wanted to order when we'd go out to eat, but after getting hooked on the Black Pepper Chicken from. Pepper Steak (Chinese: 青椒牛肉) is a stir-fried Chinese American dish consisting of thinly sliced marinated steak (usually flank or sirloin) stir fried to juicy perfection with green and red bell peppers in a savory sauce. The sauce ingredients can vary, but it is typically soy based, seasoned with ginger.