Savory Herb Fried Chicken. Making Meaningful Moments with Flavorful Food. Coat the soaked chicken pieces in the herbed flour mixture, shaking off any excess. The brine in this recipe is composed of water, salt, brown sugar, summer savory (which is my favorite herb, but thyme can be substituted in a pinch) and granulated garlic.
Savory Herb Fried Chicken Why do KFC when you can do it at home? Discovered a very flavorful way to make grub fried chicken. Savory Fried Chicken Cooked to Order Filipino Food in Elk Grove, CA. You can have Savory Herb Fried Chicken using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Savory Herb Fried Chicken
- You need 6-8 pieces of chicken thighs and/or legs.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of mayo.
- It’s 1 c. of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 c. of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of seasoned salt.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of fresh or dried parsley.
- You need 2 tsp. of dried minced onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of poultry seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of all pupose seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of paprika.
- You need of TIP: you can + more salt to taste, taste your flour mixture, I like mine on the salty side.
- You need 1/2 c. of oil (or enough to cover bottom).
Half Fried Chicken w/ Pork Lumpia. Half Grilled Chicken w/ Pork Lumpias. It's great on chicken but equally good on fish, too. This herb mix has a very interesting history: it started as name for a mix of herbs traditionally used in the Provence region of France and quickly went from a regional tradition to a commercialized herb blend.
Savory Herb Fried Chicken instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F & heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Beat egg in medium bowl. Add mayo and beat together..
- Combine flour, breadcrumbs and seasonings in a wide plate or bowl..
- Cover each chicken piece in egg mixture then generously coat in flour mixture..
- When oil is hot (test with a bit of flour mixture, it should sizzle) place coated chicken in the pan and fry starting with the larger pieces first..
- Turning each piece often, fry chicken evenly for 10- 15 minutes. Outside should be golden brown & inside moslty cooked..
- Line a large baking dish with foil and place chicken on pan..
- Bake for about 10 minutes to finish chicken. Should be crispy amd fully done inside. ENJOY!.
- TIP: to help the chicken cook through you can cover the pan periodically. Not too much that the coating gets soggy..
Place chicken pieces on top of vegetables. Combine herb chicken mix with water and pour over chicken and vegetables. The best Buttermilk Fried Chicken recipe! Brined chicken with fresh herbs, buttermilk and seasonings makes for a crispy, flavorful southern fried chicken. This Buttermilk Fried Chicken recipe is the best I've ever made at home.