Chicken Fried Steak Dinner. The Ultimate Chicken Fried Steak is fried to golden perfection and topped with the creamiest gravy you can imagine, sure to quickly become a family favorite. It's hard to imagine a more quintessential Southern meal than Chicken Fried Steak and Gravy. Chicken Fried Steak is the second breakfast recipe this week I'm posting in an effort to bring breakfast recipes back to the blog and make them easy enough When served for dinner it's classically served with mashed potatoes, green beans, ears of corn or coleslaw.
This country fried steak is crunchy, crispy, and beyond flavorful. Cube steak recipes are taken to new heights. Arguably one of the most delicious, decadent foods that one person could ever eat. You can cook Chicken Fried Steak Dinner using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Fried Steak Dinner
- It’s 4 of thin cut round steaks.
- You need 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 of eggs wisked.
The last time I had chicken fried steak, however, was before Cate was born. It was at a restaurant in Orange County and it was only okay. So, I must admit, I have kind of shied away from the dish since that night. But a few weeks ago I got a hankering and decided to try my hand at making the stuff myself.
Chicken Fried Steak Dinner instructions
- Use a meat tenderizer on the steaks, both sides. If you don't have one, use a fork. Stick throughout steaks for about 5 min..
- Heat oil on med heat in a skillet.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper on a plate or wide bowl.
- Dredge steaks through egg and lay in flour mix. Flip to coat both sides..
- Place in oil and fry for 3-4 min per side. Fry until crispy and golden brown..
- Place on a paper towel covered plate to absorb oil..
- Serve immediately with your choice of sides and white pepper gravy..
Chicken fried steak, also known as country-fried steak, is an American breaded cutlet dish consisting of a piece of beefsteak (most often tenderized cube steak) coated with seasoned flour and pan-fried. It is sometimes associated with the Southern cuisine of the United States. Chicken fried steak is typically cube steak that has been breaded and fried, much like fried chicken would be. Serve them for dinner or as a party food – these Chicken Fried Steak Fingers are just like your favorite chicken fried steak recipe, but way more fun! For the steak: Begin with setting up an assembly line of dishes.