Calcutta Style Chicken Chaap Recipe. Calcutta Style Chicken chaap is an absolute delight for chicken lovers. The combination of moist, juicy chicken pieces in a rich, creamy, aromatic gravy is the speciallity of this Calcutta Mughlai chicken recipe. A chicken delicacy coupled with Biryani, loved and savoured by the meat-eating bongs (and others); Chicken Chaap certainly is one of the famous chicken side available in almost all the Mughlai food joints in Kolkata.
There are many restaurants in Kolkata with their own famous recipe for a chicken chaap, and here is my version of this favourite dish. Chicken Chaap or Chicken Chanp is a Classic Delight for Indian food lovers. This is a unique combination of juicy and moist chicken pieces with rich and thick gravy. You can cook Calcutta Style Chicken Chaap Recipe using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Calcutta Style Chicken Chaap Recipe
- It’s of Chicken (8 pieces).
- You need of For marination.
- Prepare of saffron strands and 2 tablespoons hot water.
- You need of curd.
- You need of big size onions, ground to paste.
- It’s of ginger and garlic paste.
- You need of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- It’s of freshly homemade garam masala powder.
- It’s of coriander powder.
- You need of Kewra water.
- You need of sattu / roasted gram powder.
- Prepare of cashew nuts and 2 tablespoons poppy seeds, ground to a smooth paste.
- It’s of refined oil.
- It’s of sugar.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of For cooking.
- Prepare of refined oil.
- It’s of ghee/ clarified butter.
Here is the Bengali Chicken Chaap Recipe with Kolkata Style from Arsalan. We will be making restaurant style chicken chaap recipe at home. While thinking about this particular recipe, we need a lot of spices, a lot of time for marination and a LOOOTTT of patience. I have used two of the special ingredients that brings out the flavor of the kolkata restaurant style chicken chaap : Vanaspati and Gram Flour.
Calcutta Style Chicken Chaap Recipe step by step
- Take the chicken legs and make small cuts all over the chicken pieces with a knife. Just like pockets, so that the masala goes inside..
- Mix the saffron strands and hot water together and leave it for 10 minutes..
- Beat the curd well. Mix all the ingredients written for marination together. Mix well..
- Mix chicken and the marination mixture together with your hand. Mix well. Try to fill some masalas inside the cuts or pockets. Cover and keep it in the refrigerator for overnight or at least 7-8 hour..
- Heat oil in a flat-bottomed pan. When the oil is hot enough, add the chicken pieces. Saute for a minute in medium to high flame..
- Add the masalas over it and saute for another minute. Keep the flame in low. Cover and cook until the chicken is done and he masala separated from the oil. Check in between..
- Chicken chaap is ready to serve. Serve hot with piping hot rice/biriyani/naan..
Chicken Chaap is a mughal inspired very famous aromatic preparation of Calcutta. Chicken Chaap with Mutton Biriyani is out of heaven combo dish. But it teste as good with Naan, Roti and Paratha. It is a very less spicy but very aromatic dish due to use of mitha attar, kewra water and rose water. Chicken chaap recipe step by step at home – Kolkata restaurant-style chicken chaap is a popular dish among Bengali people.