Mike's EZ Chicken Fried Steak & Sides. Check out reviews of chicken fried steak as Mike goes on his Saturday morning adventures to explore. I have been hearing about it for a while now. Fans, friends, and colleagues have been saddened by the lack of activity on the "Mike's Chicken Fried Steak Review" blog.
Chicken fried steak is a Southern diner tradition. You'll find it on the menu at nearly every mom-and-pop spot and at larger chains as well. Chicken fried steak and country fried steak are often considered one and the same, but Southerners (Texans in particular) would like you to know that. You can have Mike's EZ Chicken Fried Steak & Sides using 34 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's EZ Chicken Fried Steak & Sides
- It’s of ● For The Meat [fried].
- You need 1.5 Pounds of Cubed Lean Beef [4 large 1/4" thin patties].
- Prepare of ● For The Flour Dredge [whisk well].
- It’s 2 Cups of AP Flour.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Panko Bread Crumbs.
- It’s 1 tsp of Hot Paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Creole Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dried Parsley.
- You need of ● For The Egg Coating Mixture [whisk well].
- Prepare 2 of LG Egglands Best Eggs.
- It’s 1 Cup of Whole Milk Or Buttermilk [more if needed].
- It’s of ● For The Sweet Corn [microwaved].
- Prepare 2 Cans of Sweet Corn [fully drained].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sweet Butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dried Parsley.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried Chives.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of ● For The Mashed Potatoes [microwaved].
- It’s 2 (24 oz) of Box Bob Evans Original Mashed Potatoes [great brand!].
- It’s of ● For The White Southern Gravy [whisk very well while simmering].
- It’s 2 Packages of White Country Gravy [your choice of brand].
- You need as needed of Whole Milk Or Water [as per manufactures directions].
- You need of ● For The Oils [as needed – just enough to fry meat].
- You need of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- You need of ● For The Sides [as needed].
- Prepare of Your Favorite Hot Sauce.
- Prepare of Texas Sliced Buttered Toast.
- You need of Over Easy Fried Eggs.
- You need of Instant Fried & Browned Hashbrowns.
It's the BEST chicken-fried steak I've ever had. Remove steak to wire rack in a jellyroll pan. Chicken Fried Steak is a traditional Southern dinner, but I've taken this classic dish and cooked it in my Air Fryer. I love having a comforting meal without all Few thing say comfort food like Chicken Fried Steak!
Mike's EZ Chicken Fried Steak & Sides instructions
- Here's the bulk of what you'll need..
- Wait for the oils to heat up well without burning your butter..
- Coat your patties with your flour mixture. Dip in egg mixture and re-dip in flour. Press hard. Then place in hot oil..
- Fry on both sides for 2 minutes until crispy and golden brown..
- Drain on thick paper towels..
- Make your white gravy as per manufactures directions. Whisk constantly while simmering..
- Heat up your corn in the microwave with butter, dried parsley and salt to taste..
- Microwave your potatoes and stir well half way thru..
This recipe gives you delicious, breaded steak goodness in no time thanks to your air fryer! Mix the flour, cayenne and paprika together in a When finished, place on a sheet tray lined with paper towels, hold in a warm oven and repeat the procedure with the other pieces of steak. Chicken-Fried Steak is known by Texans as the unofficial state dish of Texas. WHEREAS, Texans are renowned for their love of chicken fried steak, that exceptional dish that elevates the hearty flavor of beef to new heights by coating it in batter and breading and frying it until the ingredients are. Chicken fried steak is typically cube steak that has been breaded and fried, much like fried chicken would be.