Sampalok (Tamarind) Chicken Wings. Trim tips from chicken wings and cut in sections. In a bowl, combine chicken, tamarind powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and juices run clear.
It should have a pronounced tamarind-y and sweet flavour. Don't worry about the saltiness yet. Take the chicken wings and cut each wing into two at the joint. You can have Sampalok (Tamarind) Chicken Wings using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sampalok (Tamarind) Chicken Wings
- It’s 1 lb of chicken wings.
- You need 2 tbsp of tamarind base powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare of oil for deep frying.
In a large bowl, add the chicken wings and marinade and mix well with your hands. The wings are tossed in a spicy, sour, and sweet chili paste before baking until sticky and tender. Serve them up next to some cool cucumber raitha to help beat the heat. In a bowl, combine chicken, tamarind powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, massaging chicken with marinade mixture.
Sampalok (Tamarind) Chicken Wings step by step
- Trim tips from chicken wings and cut in sections. Wash well and pat dry..
- In a bowl, combine chicken, tamarind powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Massage chicken with marinade mixture.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat about 2-inch deep of oil. Add chicken wings in batches and fry for about 6 to 8 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through..
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Serve hot..
Make a marinade using soy sauce, tamarind puree, garlic pasta, some ginger, vinegar, lemon juice, flour and corn starch. While I did plan to share this recipe a while back, it was only after I received a request via Instagram did I actually get in the kitchen with chicken wings and camera in hand. The person who made the request was looking for a chicken wing idea to prepare for her Super Bowl party. but she wasn't a fan of the. It is a Filipino chicken soup with a sour broth. It is similar to Sinigang that they are both sour soups.