Southern Fried Chicken. This is half of the recipe. I would add two stirred raw eggs in a bowl. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the pancake mix, salt, pepper and paprika.
Replace the milk with evaporated milk if you prefer. Use a seasoned salt blend as a substitute for the salt and pepper. In a medium size bowl, beat the eggs. You can have Southern Fried Chicken using 26 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southern Fried Chicken
- Prepare of For the marinade.
- You need of chicken parts.
- It’s of butter milk (mix milk and few drops of vinegar).
- You need of fennel seeds.
- You need of cumin.
- You need of black pepper.
- It’s of tabs of garlic.
- You need of scotch bonnets.
- You need of Small sized fresh ginger.
- You need of Onga classic seasoning.
- You need of curry.
- You need of The flour mix.
- It’s of all purpose flour.
- It’s of corn flour.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- It’s of chili powder.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of powdered fennel seeds.
- Prepare of powdered black pepper.
- Prepare of powdered cumin.
- You need of curry.
- You need of maggi seasoning.
- You need of Coating.
- You need of grounded corn flakes (Nasco).
- It’s of Frying.
- You need of Vegetable Oil.
Season the chicken with the House Seasoning. Dip the seasoned chicken in the egg, and then coat well in the flour. Place the chicken in the preheated oil and fry the chicken in the oil until brown and crisp. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk.
Southern Fried Chicken step by step
- Wash the chicken parts with warm water, salt and vinegar..
- Ground the cumin, black pepper, fennel seeds, garlic, ginger, scotch bonnets,.
- Rub grounded spices on chicken parts, Add Onga seasoning and curry powder (1 1/2 teaspoon) Add the butter milk and Keep in fridge to marinate for few hours or overnight..
- Mix all purpose flour, corn flour, spices, baking powder. Etc.
- From the marinade take each chicken part and dip in flour until it’s fully coated. Dip coated chicken in marinade and then coat with cornflakes.
- Put oil in pan, put on stove on medium heat. When it the oil get hot put in the chicken, cook one side for 8 minutes on medium heat and turn the other side for same time or when it’s golden brown and crispy 😋.
- Tadaaaaa!!! 🤤. You can serve with hot fries🍟 with ketchup X mayo Sauce🙃 just like I did 😄.
- Look how crunchy it looks.👅.
In another bowl, combine flour and seasonings. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then in flour mixture. In a large skillet; brown chicken in oil on both sides. Remove chicken from the skillet; keep warm. It doesn't get any finer than Southern fried chicken.