Taiwan Fried Chicken Steak. Try this Taiwanese chicken steak recipe for your next culinary adventure in your kitchen. This recipe is the closest copy of the Hot Star fried chicken as the recipe is a trade secret. Fried Chicken Steak 大雞排 Taiwanese Style is a popular Taiwanese Street Food, it's pronounced.
The street seller will often also ask you if you want hot spice too. Prepare the potato starch onto a plate and coat each chicken leg completely. Flip the chicken steaks and fry for another minute or until golden. You can cook Taiwan Fried Chicken Steak using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Taiwan Fried Chicken Steak
- Prepare of boneless chicken legs.
- It’s of all-purpose flour.
- You need of corn starch.
- It’s of chicken stock.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of Some salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Potato starch (enough to coat all the chicken steaks).
The oil is hot enough when a wooden spoon dipped into the oil forms small little bubbles. Place the eggs into a large bowl and whisk with two tablespoons of water. Coat each chicken piece in the egg and then in the potato starch. Much like other extra crunchy deep fried chickens (Korean fried chicken, chicken karaage), Taiwanese fried chicken is twice-deep fried: first in a low temperature oil to cook through, then in a high heat oil to add crunch.
Taiwan Fried Chicken Steak step by step
- Beat the chicken legs flat. Heat the deep fryer to 375F/ 190C..
- Mix flour, corn starch, chicken stock, salt, pepper and water into a mixing bowl. Mix well..
- Dip chicken legs into step 2..
- Prepare the potato starch onto a plate and coat each chicken leg completely..
- Deep fry each chicken steak for 3-5 mins..
- Flip the chicken steaks and fry for another minute or until golden..
- Drip the oil..
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more simple and deliciousrecipes! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Fgle9gk5Jh7lB1lq8XOMw.
Usually the chicken nuggets you get at a night market come in a little bag or cup, piping hot. Taiwanese Fried Chicken might be the best fried chicken you will put in your mouth!! When I was traveling Taiwan, I had to try all different kinds of street food. One of the food caught my eyes were this fried chicken. One, because of the delicious frying chicken smell and two, the refreshing basil in the chicken!