Crispy Fried Beef Salad. Place the beef in a mixing bowl and add the sauce (hold back a little to dress the salad) and sesame seeds. Arrange the baby gem, carrot and cucumber on a serving platter. Top with the crispy beef and garnish with herbs, chilli and spring onions.
Garnish with coriander if you have some to hand. Spicy beef and peppers Add a handful of finely sliced red or yellow peppers, if you have them. Tear up the herb leaves, then sprinkle over the salad along with the remaining spring onion and the sliced chilli. You can have Crispy Fried Beef Salad using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy Fried Beef Salad
- You need 400 g of sirloin steak, finely sliced in thin strips.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of corn flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, toasted.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil, to fry.
- You need of For the sauce :.
- Prepare 1 of large clove garlic, finely grated.
- Prepare 1 of large thumbsized piece ginger, finely grated.
- You need 2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of sriracha sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of honey.
- Prepare of For the salad :.
- Prepare 2 heads of baby gem, leaves separated.
- It’s 1 of large carrot, julienne peeled.
- It’s 1/2 of cucumber, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of red chili, finely sliced.
- You need 1 of spring onion, finely sliced.
Drizzle over the remaining dressing and serve with lime wedges for squeezing over. Warm sesame oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Crispy breaded okra combines with bacon, ripe tomatoes, and red onion in this simple, satisfying salad perfect for a side dish or pot-luck.
Crispy Fried Beef Salad step by step
- In a bowl, mix together the steak, cornflour and soy sauce until completely combine..
- Add 1 inch of oil to a high sided frying pan and place over a medium heat..
- Fry the beef in batches, being sure not to over crowd the pan. Transfer the beef to a plate lined with kitchen paper..
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce into a saucepan and bring to a steady simmer over a medium heat..
- Place the beef in mixing bowl and add the sauce and sesame seeds. Toss to coat completely..
- Arrange the baby gem, carrot and cucumber on a serving platter. Top with the crispy beef and garnish with red chili and spring onion..
- Serve while still warm..
Serve the salad over noodles with the sauce trickled over and finished with the sesame seeds and coriander. You can use strips of roast beef – or pork, chicken or duck – fried like this in a spicy cornflour coating, to finish all manner of salads or soups. Deep fried strips of flank steak, sauteed with onion and red pepper in a spicy but sweet soy sauce. Serve with steamed rice and vegetables. To get the beef extra crispy, you will need to coat the beef twice (after it has marinated).