Brad's kalbi flank steak with carmelized onions. After browned on both sides, reduce heat to medium. Brad's kalbi flank steak with carmelized onions For the marinade, green onions, chopped, brown sugar, soy sauce, sherry, finely chopped fresh ginger, minced garlic, sesame oil ingridbagnariol Brad's kalbi flank steak with carmelized onions For the marinade, green onions, chopped, brown sugar, soy sauce, sherry, finely chopped fresh ginger, minced garlic, sesame oil Marsha M I picked out a skirt steak for these tacos because you can get a great sear on the outside and I figured it would go well with the salsa. I went simple and just seasoned the steak with a little cumin and smoked paprika.
The flank steak marinaded in a Kalbi sauce caught my eye. I tend to not like pre-marinaded meats, but I was pressed for time and needed a dinner idea, so I picked up one for the grill. Kalbi sauce is a soy based marinade with pepper, garlic, sesame seeds, and pineapple juice. You can cook Brad's kalbi flank steak with carmelized onions using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's kalbi flank steak with carmelized onions
- Prepare of For the marinade.
- You need 1 bunch of green onions, chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sherry.
- You need 5 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh ginger.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sesame seeds.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of garlic chile paste.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tablespoons of coarsely ground black pepper.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of black bean sauce.
- You need of For the steak.
- You need 2 lbs of flank steak.
- You need 2 of med sweet onions, sliced thin.
- Prepare 3 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sherry.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s of Butchers twine.
Squeeze the bag to blend well. Place the steak into the bag, and seal. Flank steak is generally quite a lean cut of beef but sometimes it is sold with a bit of fat on the outside or a thin membrane. These can be mostly trimmed and removed.
Brad's kalbi flank steak with carmelized onions instructions
- Lay flank steak out on a LG cutting board. Pound out with a mallet until between 1/4 and 1/2 inches thick..
- Combine all marinade ingredients. This is a large batch, and can be frozen and used again..
- Place steak in a large zip lock bag. Add 1 1/2 to 2 cups of marinade. Remove as much air as possible. Seal and let sit overnight..
- Remove from marinade. Roll up and tie every 2 inches with butchers twine. Cut in between the ties..
- Heat a pan on low heat. Melt butter. Add sliced onions. Saute for 25 to 35 minutes stir often. 5 minutes before onions are done, add garlic and sherry. Deglaze pan and let liquid completely reduce..
- Meanwhile, heat a pan with 1 tbs oil over medium high heat. Place rolls in on end. fry 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until browned well. After browned on both sides, reduce heat to medium. Add 1/4 cup sherry. Cover and steam until liquid is gone. Turn over and repeat. Meat should come out rare. If you like it more done add a little more liquid and cook longer per side..
- Remove and let rest tented with foil for 5 minutes. Plate rolls. Add carmelized onion. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
This helps bring the meat closer to room temperature before it is cooked. The benefit of this is that it allows for a more even. Summer brain drain in full effect. This marinade recipe is flavored with soy sauce, honey, lime, and garlic, tenderizing the meat while adding mouth-watering flavors. Marinated flank steak is easy to prepare and perfect for grilling, pan-frying, or broiling in the oven.