Steakhouse Salad w/ A1 Dressing. Inspired by prime rib steakhouses with a "spinning salad" (salad spun in a metal bowl on a bed of ice as dressing is poured over it), this dressing is everything you could ever want and more! Seriously, my entire family and dinner party guests kept asking for the recipe after. Inspired by prime rib steakhouses with a "spinning salad" (salad spun in a metal bowl on a bed of ice as dressing is poured over it), this dressing is everything you could ever want and more!
Lightly score steak; season with salt and pepper. Place in a resealable plastic bag with half of dressing. Pound with a rolling pin to coarsely crush. You can have Steakhouse Salad w/ A1 Dressing using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steakhouse Salad w/ A1 Dressing
- You need 1 lb of sirloin steak.
- It’s 2 t of applewood seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of shallot; thin half moons.
- Prepare 6 of mini bell peppers; thin half moons.
- Prepare 1 of avocado; medium dice.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic; creamed.
- It’s 1/2 C of mayo.
- It’s 1 T of A1 steak sauce.
- Prepare 1 t of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 t of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 C of French fried onions.
- It’s 2 handfuls of spinach/arugula mixed greens.
- You need As needed of canola oil.
- It’s As needed of kosher salt and black pepper.
Arrange lettuce on a platter; season with salt and pepper and drizzle with half of reserved dressing. CHICKEN COBB SALAD For this salad you can choose wood-fire grilled or crispy chicken to top of fresh mixed greens, chopped hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, bacon, shredded Monterey jack and cheddar cheese and freshly made croutons. tossed in your choice of house made dressing. Outback Steakhouse makes a tasty version of creamy ranch dressing for its house and Queensland salads. To get the same flavor and creaminess of the original Outback Steakhouse ranch recipe at home, you'll need to add one teaspoon of Hidden Valley Ranch instant salad dressing mix.
Steakhouse Salad w/ A1 Dressing instructions
- Rub steak with applewood seasoning and black pepper to taste. Allow steak to sit at room temperature for 1 hour..
- Whisk together mayonnaise, steak sauce, red wine vinegar, and cayenne pepper. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper..
- Saute peppers and shallots with a pinch of salt and pepper on high heat for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until shallots become caramelized, about 5-8 minutes..
- Remove shallots mixture from heat. Immediately add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 10 seconds..
- While shallots and peppers are cooking, heat up a cast iron pan with a touch of canola oil until nearly smoking..
- Sear steak on high heat for approximately 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil. Let steak rest 3-5 minutes..
- Cut steak thinly against the grain..
- Toss greens and diced avocado with dressing as close to service as possible..
- Plate dressed greens, veggies, steak, and then garnish with French fried onions..
- Variations; Diced bacon, liquid smoke, pickled or raw red onions, caramelized bone marrow or onions, malt vinegar, sherry vinegar, raspberry vinaigrette, fried shallot rings, croutons, roasted bell peppers or garlic, worcestershire sauce, H1 sauce, other cuts of steak, pork, chicken, fish, roasted vegetable medley, sweet potatoes, red potatoes, celery root, dehydrated onions or garlic, onion soup mix, giardiniera, lawry's seasoning salt, roasted poblano or jalapenos, fresno peppers, crushed.
- Pepper flakes, grilled romaine, asparagus, basil, allspice, apricot, almonds, broccoli rabe, cabbage, carrots, swiss chard, goat cheese, cognac, brandy, rum, corn, barley, couscous, creme fraiche, dates, escarole, figs, ginger, hazelnut, kale, lemon, maple, orange zest, parsley, pears, pecans, pineapple, pine nuts, plums, pumpkin, pumpkin seeds, quince, quinoa, sour cream, Southern Comfort, acorn squash, brown sugar, sunflower seeds, walnuts, whiskey, yogurt.
Discover a tasty recipe for Steakhouse Potato Salad! Watch our video to see how red potatoes, ranch dressing and more come together in our savory Steakhouse Potato Salad. There's no need to go out to eat when you can stay in with this delicious recipe. Sirloin Steakhouse Salad w/Avocado-Garlic Dressing. by: Alexa Federico. If you want to beef up (pun-intended) your salad, add some steak!