Home fried catfish steaks (bone in). Home fried catfish steaks (bone in) I love and grew up eating catfish every Friday. I love and grew up eating catfish every Friday. Please see the product options chart below for more information.
Please SUBSCRIBE, Share, Like and Comment. Please give my Channel Videos a Thumbs Up. Marinated in creamy buttermilk, coated with a crispy cornmeal batter, and then deep friend to a golden brown, flaky catfish prepared Southern-style is divine. You can cook Home fried catfish steaks (bone in) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Home fried catfish steaks (bone in)
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 cups of yellow corn meal.
- You need of sazon seasoning packet (2).
- Prepare 2 of table spoon paprika.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of onion powder.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of whole catfish chopped into steaks or 4 fillets.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lemon zest or lemon pepper.
Please see the product options chart below for more information. Dredge fillets in cornmeal mixture; coat lightly with vegetable cooking spray. Southern Fried Whole Catfish, a delicious authentic Southern dish.. When we eat catfish at the restaurant, they usually serve catfish fillets, so he likes to eat the whole catfish when I fry them at home.
Home fried catfish steaks (bone in) instructions
- Wash fish very well, dry and prep to season.
- Mix all seasonings together except lemon pepper. Heavily and evenly sprinkle seasonging over fish steak too and bottom.
- Warm vegetable oil to about 355°. If you do not have a thermometer sprinkle a little cornmeal in the oil to do a test. Should not be popping but lightly bubble..
- Place on packet of sazon into cornmeal and flour mixture for seasoning..
- Place a couple steak into the breading and into the grease. Should not be popping but bubbly..
- Cool for about 12-16 min flipping two or three times so breading stays golden brown and doesn't brown..
- Allow drained grease on a paper towel and enjoy!.
- Don't forget the hot sauce and be careful catfish has lots of small bones..
The breading should be cornmeal and a little flour. If I have self rising cornmeal, the flour is already in the mix. Frying catfish correctly is an art. Fried catfish joins a long, sad list of regional southern dishes that are often done wrong, such as barbecue, grits and fried chicken. It doesn't need to be this way with fried fish.