Steak lo mein. This Steak Lo Mein uses those ingredients but the sauce is richer and sweeter. It is the perfect combo to pair with pan seared steak, peppers and onions and freshly cooked noodles. Lo mein is a Chinese dish with egg noodles.
Traditionally this is a dry variation of noodle soup. What Meat Goes with Lo Mein? Beef: Flank steak, skirt steak, ribeye or top sirloin will all work great in this recipe. You can have Steak lo mein using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steak lo mein
- Prepare 1-2 lbs of fresh cooked or leftover steak, chopped, I had a ribeye and a filet.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vinegar, i used rice wine vinegar this time.
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 4 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s To taste of onion and garlic powders and pepper.
- It’s 6-8 of green onions chopped.
- You need 1 lb of lo mein noodles OR spaghetti noodles.
Whatever cut you choose, make sure the beef achieves a nice golden color. If you like Lo Mein you will love this recipe. Before you start cooking have all ingredients prepped and ready to go. Once you start cooking everything goes together fast.
Steak lo mein instructions
- Boil your noodles in salted water. Drain.
- Cook your steak in a skillet to desired doneness. Chop into bite size pieces when it cools down enough..
- In a bowl mix the soy sauce, vinegar, br sugar, sesame oil and seasonings until dissolved. Chop the green onions and set aside..
- When noodles are drained, pour dissolved soy sauce mixture in and combine. Add steak and green onions to the pot next and combine well! We eat egg rolls with ours..
Beef Lo Mein: Flank steak is the best beef for lo mein. Vegetable Lo Mein: The easiest of all the varieties. Includes noodles, sliced steak, green bell pepper, white onion, soy sauce, rice vinegar, Sriracha, honey, sesame oil, minced garlic, sesame seeds, red pepper. The easiest, most delicious lo mein you will make! It's quick, healthy and best of all, it's kid approved!… !