Beef Stroganoff. While this beef stroganoff recipe is the classic preparation usually associated with the dish, there are all kinds of fun new twists and streamlined time-savers to be found in Betty's best beef stroganoff. An easy beef stroganoff recipe with tender strips of beef and mushrooms cooked in sour cream and served over noodles. Made with the best beef stroganoff sauce.
This classic beef stroganoff recipe uses ingredients commonly kept on hand for an easy and A rich, creamy beef stroganoff. This recipe uses a roux to create a beef gravy that is then thickened with. Count Stroganoff was a dignitary in the court of Alexander III. You can have Beef Stroganoff using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff
- Prepare 400 g of filet (or sirloin) steak / 14 oz..
- You need 400 g of onions (chopped) / 14 oz..
- You need 250 g of button mushrooms (quartered) / 9 oz..
- Prepare 8 tablespoons of low fat crème fraîche.
- You need 4 tablespoons of Greek yogurt low fat (0%).
- You need 125 ml of beef stock / 4¼ fl. oz..
- It’s 1 tablespoon of aspartame.
- You need 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of parsley (or fresh, a small handful chopped).
- It’s ½ teaspoon of pepper ground.
- It’s of “Spray2Cook” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray.
- It’s ½ teaspoon of paprika.
Count Stroganoff's chef (who was likely French), created the dish and named it. Make a classic beef stroganoff with steak and mushrooms for a tasty midweek meal. Beef stroganoff is the original family favorite skillet meal. Why should beef stroganoff come from a box.
Beef Stroganoff step by step
- Put the steak on a sheet of cling film and cover with a second. Flatten with a rolling pin before cutting into strips..
- Mix the crème fraîche, yoghurt, aspartame, garlic powder, mustard paprika and pepper in a bowl and set aside..
- Microwave the onion for 5 minutes, add the mushroom and microwave for a further minute..
- Put a fry pan sprayed with Spray2Cook on a high heat until it bubbles. Turn down a little, add the steak and stir-fry until brown..
- Add the onion, mushroom and beef stock and cook to simmer for 5 minutes..
- Cut a piece of beef in half and check it is cooked to your liking. Add the ingredients set aside in the bowl and stir. Heat to warm but take off the heat before boiling..
- When serving and sprinkle with the parsley..
- Serve on rice (as pictured above) or on mashed potato. Save any left overs and chill or freeze. Re-heat and serve a half portion with a jacket potato (see below) or on toast with salad..
Our easy and authentic Stroganoff (or Stroganov) is a simple and comforting Russian dish consisting of sauteed pieces of. Rich and indulgent beef stroganoff with ribeye steak and mushrooms is a real treat dinner. I've long been a stroganoff fan, my mum makes an awesome one with chicken and green peppers that I LOVE! Now you can make everyone's favorite stroganoff in ONE POT with ground beef! No-fuss + budget-friendly with the quickest clean-up!