garlic nailed steak (prego no pao ). Place the steaks on your workspace, lay the slices of garlic on the side of the steaks, using a tenderizing mallet, "nail" the garlic to the steak by pounding the slices into the meat. Repeat on the reverse side of the steaks. Lay slices of garlic on on side of the steaks.
How to Make Prego No Pão – Garlic Nailed Steak – Portugal. Place the steaks on your work space, lay the slices of garlic on the side of the steaks, using a tenderizing mallet, "nail" the garlic to the steak by pounding the slices into the meat. Repeat on the reverse side of the steaks. You can cook garlic nailed steak (prego no pao ) using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of garlic nailed steak (prego no pao )
- It’s 1/2 lb of sirloin steak cut in 1/4inch thick slices.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 6 clove of garlic shopped.
- You need 1 of onion sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white wine.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 2 of crusty sandwich buns.
- Prepare 2 slice of of swiss cheese.
- You need 2 of lettuce.
Get full Prego No Pão – Garlic Nailed Steak – Portugal Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. Portuguese Garlic Steak Sandwiches (prego No Pao) Recipe by EdsGirlAngie. These steaks flavored with onions and red wine are called garlic "nailed" steaks because a small meat mallet is typically used to "nail" the garlic slices into the steak. If you like drama, go for it, but I usually just push the garlic in with my finger – it doesn't.
garlic nailed steak (prego no pao ) instructions
- lay out steaks in a flat surface.
- lay the garlic on on side of the steaks.
- nail the garlic to the steak (using a tenderizing mallet ,if you don't have one just use some kitchen utensil heavy enough to nail the garlic ).
- repeat on the reverse side of steaks.
- in a skillet start to melt the butter over medium heat ,season the steaks with salt and pepper and fry each side for 5minutes.
- transfer to a dish and cover.
- in the same skillet add the onion ,stir and cook for 2minutes then add the wine and the paprika ,increase the heat and reduce sauce by alf.
- return the beef to the sauce and heat for 2minutes.
- serve with crusty bread with lettuce and swiss cheese.
Prego no Pão Portuguese "Nailed" Steak Sandwich. It is a recipe by Ana Patuleia Ortins. Prego No Pão (Garlic Nailed Steak) is also known as Bife no Prego. Which came first, the Prego rolls of South Africa or the Portuguese Prego no Pão on the mainland. When the steak is being prepared, chopped pieces of garlic are placed on top of the beef and, using a tenderising mallet, "nailed" into the steak.