Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak. This recipe really brings back fond memories of my childhood. My brother and I loved this dish so much that our mother had to hand count the exact same pieces of sirloin on our plates or a fist fight would break out. This is another one of my.
Easy Chinese Pepper Steak will quickly become a family stir-fry favorite. Deliciously seasoned Pepper Steak with bell peppers, onions and tomatoes. A complete meal served with freshly cooked rice. You can cook Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak
- It’s of sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of beef bullion.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need of Ingredients.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of sirloin steak, 1 inch thick, cut into thin 2 inch long strips.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 3 medium of green bell peppers, julienned.
- It’s 2 medium of onions.
- It’s 1 of 6-ounce can of water chestnuts, drained.
- Prepare 4 of green onions, chopped.
Cut your steak into bite-sized pieces, about a half of an inch each. In a bowl, add the soy sauce, honey, and chili paste garlic & sesame oil & mix until combined. When I need a speedy skillet supper, this pepper steak comes to my rescue.. When I was running late one night, a go-to recipe of my mom's popped into my head.
Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak step by step
- Add the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside..
- Sprinkle the strips of sirloin with the ginger powder and black pepper. Mix by hand to coat evenly. Set aside..
- In a skillet or wok, heat the oil and garlic over medium high heat for about 5 minutes to allow the garlic to infuse with the oil..
- Add the seasoned strips of sirloin to the hot oil and stir fry until you no longer see any pink on the beef. About 5 minutes. Remove the meat to a bowl and set aside..
- Now add the peppers and water chestnuts to the hot oil and stir fry for about 4 minutes..
- Next, add the onion and continue stir frying until the onions are translucent..
- Add the sirloin back in and give it a couple of stirs. Before you add the sauce, give it a stir because the cornstarch will have settled to the bottom. Stir the sauce into the meat and veggies. Raise the heat and continue stirring until sauce thickens..
- Turn off the heat and toss in the green onion pieces. Give it a couple of stirs..
- Serve hot over rice with plenty of sauce..
Now it's one of my husband's favorites. Beef pepper steak- a popular stir fry all over the world. The technique I'm sharing will guarantee the beef turns out amazingly tender- no matter what cut of. Add the broth, soy sauce, sugar and ground pepper to the skillet, stir well. Add celery, bell pepper and tomatoes.