Mike's Easy Prego Steak Sandwiches. It's a snack, it's lunch, it's dinner, it's even considered "dessert"! A super tasty quick fix that I ate almost every night while in Portugal. Delicious and succulent, these Portuguese prego rolls are made with juicy steak grilled in a flavorsome marinade served on a fresh bread roll.
This easy steak sandwich recipe is an easy Portuguese sandwich recipe with non-traditional portuguese prego sauce. Check out our vibrant and punchy Portuguese prego sandwich. This simple steak sandwich recipe is served all over Portugal – the green piri-piri, although not traditional. You can cook Mike's Easy Prego Steak Sandwiches using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Easy Prego Steak Sandwiches
- Prepare of Prego Sandwiches.
- You need 2 of 2 oz Sirloin Steaks [1/4" – 3/8" thin cut].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Fresh Garlic [rough chop].
- It’s of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need of Sea Salt.
- Prepare dash of Quality Olive Oil.
- Prepare dash of Quality White Wine.
- Prepare of Bread & Condiments.
- Prepare 2 large of Sturdy Bread Buns [crusty topped preferred or french].
- You need of Yellow Mustard.
- Prepare of Hot Sauce.
- Prepare of Kitchen Equipment.
- It’s 1 small of Frying Pan [with tight fitting lid].
- Prepare 1 of Mallet.
- You need 1 of Ziplock Bag.
- You need of Options.
- It’s of Grilled Onions.
Craving Jersey Mike's, but can't decide what to order? Here are the best Jersey Mike's menu items, ranked by users everywhere. Known for their sub sandwiches and wraps, the fast food restaurant chain also has their own specialties, like Jersey Shore's Favorite and the Big Kahuna Cheese Steak. This was the easiest steak sandwich to make and my family loved it!
Mike's Easy Prego Steak Sandwiches step by step
- Cut your sirloin in two and salt and pepper to taste. Trim any fat..
- Using your mallet – pound your meat until it thins out a bit. Reverse, season again and pound..
- Chop garlic and pound it into your meat. Reverse and do the same..
- Fry / steam 1 minute on each side with a small dash of olive oil, a quality white wine and a tight lid..
- Slice and dress bread with mustard..
- Serve hot..
I used provolone instead of the sharp Cheddar which gave it a smoky flavor. Make easy steak sandwich at home. Portuguese Prego Steak Sandwich Check out our vibrant and punchy Portuguese prego sandwich. "Jersey Mike's Subs," "Jersey Mike's," and "Mike's Way" are registered trademarks of A Sub Above, LLC. "Lay's" is a registered trademark of Frito-Lay North America, Inc. "Pepsi" is a registered trademark of PepsiCo, Inc. Steak only gets better between two slices of bread. Make one of these delicious sandwiches for lunch today!