Southern Steak and red potatoes. Texas-Style Steak on Toast with smashed red potatoes and red onion gravyHome Chef. red onion, Texas toast, butter, beef demi-glace, cooking. Old-fashioned hamburger steak and savory onion gravy recipe. Authentic Southern recipe made with simple fresh ingredients.
Steak and Potato Foil Pack Dinners Six Sisters' Stuff These Steak and Potato Foil Pack Dinners are filled with juicy sirloin steak, roasted red potatoes, onion and a flavorful homemade garlic butter. This easy foil dinner recipe is one you will want to make all summer long and is a great recipe to take with. You can have Southern Steak and red potatoes using 8 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Southern Steak and red potatoes
- Prepare 3 small of red potatoes.
- You need 2 of brown mushrooms.
- You need 1 of beef steak.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Indian Nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 of green oinion.
- Prepare 1 oz of celery, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
Marinate Steaks in a food bag or in a glass or plastic container. This is the best steak marinade I've ever used. Red potatoes were used here, mostly because I had them on hand. They also hold up a bit better during the longer cooking time it will take to get the Ever made Green Beans and Potatoes with fresh vegetables?
Southern Steak and red potatoes instructions
- It's a very easy recipe to make. Boil the potatoes for 7-10 min. Let them cool down and carefully peel the skin. In the meantime, season your steak and it 4 min (or more depending on your taste) on each side. Once it's ready, remove it from the castiron and add the mushrooms to let them fry for 1 min. In a hot cast iron, add the olive oil, the potatoes and the chopped green onion for 2.5. Steam your celery and your meal is ready .
Share your memories of this great Southern side dish. It will only take a minute or two for. Southern steak and milk gravy- tender steak smothered in creamy and flavorful milk gravy, proof that simple food is often times the best! Turn them over to coat and you're done! Steak and milk gravy is delicious served with mashed potatoes or rice!