Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom-Onion Gravy. #hamburger #hamburgersteak #mushroomgravy Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom & Onion Gravy is a very simple, yet delicious classic comfort foods I grew up on. Add the broth and vinegar and cook until thickened. Add the beef patties and heat through.
I was wanting to switch it up a little bit and do more of a traditional brown gravy with mushrooms and onions. Pour this mixture into the skillet with the onions and stir constantly, until mixture begins to thicken. Return your cooked hamburger steaks to the skillet, flipping a few times to coat each side with the gravy, you. You can cook Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom-Onion Gravy using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom-Onion Gravy
- Prepare 1 c. of flour.
- Prepare 3 T. of olive oil.
- You need of FOR HAMBURGER STEAKS:.
- You need 1-1/2 lb. of ground beef.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/4 c. of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, minced fine.
- You need 1 tsp. of seasoned salt.
- It’s 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 6 slices of bacon, cooked & crumbled.
- It’s of FOR GRAVY:.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, sliced.
- It’s 2 c. of fresh mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1 c. of beef broth.
- It’s 1 c. of water.
- You need 1/4 c. of flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of seasoned salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 1/2 T. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp. of Better Than Bouillon beef concentrate.
Old-fashioned hamburger steak and savory onion gravy recipe. Authentic Southern recipe made with simple fresh ingredients. Watch me make these Hamburger Steaks w/ Onion Gravy from start to finish! Lord have mercy…there are just some meals that are the epitome of southern comfort food like.
Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom-Onion Gravy step by step
- In a large bowl combine all the hamburger steak ingredients together well. Shape into 6 patties. Dip each into flour, coating well on all sides..
- Over medium-high, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Fry burgers until golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside, reserving all the pan drippings for the gravy..
- In the skillet with the drippings, over medium heat, add the sliced onions and stir to coat well. Add sliced mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until lightly caramelized, about 20-30 minutes..
- While onions and mushrooms are cooking, in a medium bowl whisk together the rest of the gravy ingredients..
- Pour the liquid gravy mixture into the skillet with the caramelized onions and mushrooms. Stirring constantly, heat over medium until mixture begins to thicken..
- Return the hamburger steaks to the skillet, flipping a few times to coat with the gravy. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook covered for 20 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes to keep well coated..
- Serve with your favorite potatoes recipe, or noodles, or rice..
Growing up my grandmother, Nonnie, made hamburger steaks all the time. The gravy she whipped up was essentially made from a package of onion soup, a package of brown gravy mix, a lot of Worcestershire sauce, some beef broth and sautéed mushrooms and smothered over a skillet burger. Home Recipes Main Dishes Hamburger Steak with Mushroom Onion Gravy. Let the sizzle of this hearty hamburger steak cooking in the skillet call your family to the dinner table. Hamburger Steak with Mushroom Onion Gravy.