Hamburger Steak w/ Onions & Gravy. Hamburger Steak with Onions and Gravy. An easy-to-make classic featuring tasty hamburger 'steaks' smothered in gravy and onions. Traditionally served with hot white rice or potatoes, it's a great way to dress up a pound of ground beef and you probably have all the.
Hamburger steak and gravy is exactly that way. Just beef, broth, spices onions, and flour. Remove onions and serve atop hamburger "steaks". You can cook Hamburger Steak w/ Onions & Gravy using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hamburger Steak w/ Onions & Gravy
- It’s of Hamburger Steaks.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt (or to taste).
- It’s 1/8 tsp of pepper (or to taste).
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of thinly sliced onions.
- It’s 1 tsp of worchestershire sauce.
- It’s of Gravy.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 1 tbsp of and a splash of cooking sherry.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
If MAKING GRAVY, sprinkle flour over the onions and drippings in the skillet. Stir, scraping up brown bits off the bottom as you go. Gradually add the beef broth and sherry. Add stock and remaining salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
Hamburger Steak w/ Onions & Gravy step by step
- In a lg. bowl mix together ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, salt & pepper, onion & garlic powders, and worchestershire sauce. Form into 8 balls and flatten into patties..
- Heat oil in a lg. non-stick skillet over medium heat. Fry patties and onions until patties are nicely browned, about 4 minutes on each side. Remove patties to a plate and keep warm..
- Sprinkle flour in onions and drippings. Stir in flour with a wisk scraping the bits off the bottom of pan as you stir. Gradually stir in beef broth and sherry. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer and stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes until gravy thickens. Turn heat to low, return patties to gravy, cover & simmer another 15 minutes..
Sprinkle with green onions, if desired. An easy recipe of juicy hamburger steak and gravy featuring a brown gravy recipe with onions and mushrooms. A delicious low carb meal the whole family will love. I've seen many weeknight dinner recipes take too many shortcuts and fall short on flavor. It consists of burger patty with brown gravy.