Mike's EZ Chicken Fried Steak & Sides. Great recipe for Mike's EZ Chicken Fried Steak & Sides. Being an easy going Chef, I'm all about the super simple BUT delicious. Well, my culinary students got bored and hunted down exactly that in my pantries.
Stir together the baking powder, baking soda, pepper, and salt in a separate shallow bowl; stir in the buttermilk, egg, Tabasco Sauce, and garlic. For the steak: Begin with setting up an assembly line of dishes. Mike's Mixed Greens A fresh mix of seasonal greens topped with purple onion, tomatoes, Monterey Jack cheese & toasted croutons. You can have Mike's EZ Chicken Fried Steak & Sides using 34 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's EZ Chicken Fried Steak & Sides
- It’s of ● For The Meat [fried].
- It’s 1.5 Pounds of Cubed Lean Beef [4 large 1/4" thin patties].
- Prepare of ● For The Flour Dredge [whisk well].
- It’s 2 Cups of AP Flour.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Panko Bread Crumbs.
- It’s 1 tsp of Hot Paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Creole Seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Dried Parsley.
- You need of ● For The Egg Coating Mixture [whisk well].
- Prepare 2 of LG Egglands Best Eggs.
- You need 1 Cup of Whole Milk Or Buttermilk [more if needed].
- It’s of ● For The Sweet Corn [microwaved].
- Prepare 2 Cans of Sweet Corn [fully drained].
- You need 2 tbsp of Sweet Butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried Parsley.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried Chives.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of ● For The Mashed Potatoes [microwaved].
- Prepare 2 (24 oz) of Box Bob Evans Original Mashed Potatoes [great brand!].
- Prepare of ● For The White Southern Gravy [whisk very well while simmering].
- It’s 2 Packages of White Country Gravy [your choice of brand].
- It’s as needed of Whole Milk Or Water [as per manufactures directions].
- You need of ● For The Oils [as needed – just enough to fry meat].
- You need of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- You need of ● For The Sides [as needed].
- You need of Your Favorite Hot Sauce.
- You need of Texas Sliced Buttered Toast.
- It’s of Over Easy Fried Eggs.
- It’s of Instant Fried & Browned Hashbrowns.
Chicken-fried steak is a treat no Southerner can resist! This is really not a hard food to prepare and I give ideas for rounding out a traditional meal using convenience foods. Prepare as much of your menu as possible beforehand because once the meat starts cooking, it goes fast! Treat yourself to some real down-home southern cooking today!
Mike's EZ Chicken Fried Steak & Sides instructions
- Here's the bulk of what you'll need..
- Wait for the oils to heat up well without burning your butter..
- Coat your patties with your flour mixture. Dip in egg mixture and re-dip in flour. Press hard. Then place in hot oil..
- Fry on both sides for 2 minutes until crispy and golden brown..
- Drain on thick paper towels..
- Make your white gravy as per manufactures directions. Whisk constantly while simmering..
- Heat up your corn in the microwave with butter, dried parsley and salt to taste..
- Microwave your potatoes and stir well half way thru..
Recommended Video Reviews Chicken Fried Steak. The wonderful thing about these mashed potatoes is that they can be made ahead of time, then warmed in the oven when you're ready. Chicken fried steak is typically served with a white gravy. You will usually find country fried steak served with a brown gravy. Chicken fried steak is breaded a bit heavier so the coating is a bit thicker with more flavor.