Beef Tapa. Beef Tapa is dried cured beef similar to "Beef Jerky". This is traditionally prepared by curing the meat with sea salt and letting it dry directly under the sun for the purpose of preserving the meat. Filipino Beef Tapa is easy to make and tastes so much better than store-bought.
Traditionally, it was prepared by curing the meat with salt. Nowadays, beef tapa is made by simply marinating the meat before frying or sautéing them. Beef tapa is a popular Filipino breakfast dish. You can cook Beef Tapa using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Tapa
- Prepare 3 1/2 tbsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 7 tbsp of white/brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ground blackpeper.
- You need 1 head of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of cooking oil for frying.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 lb of beef sirloin/ thin sliced.
Some recipes add a twist to this dish, like chili oil, fried garlic, etc. Learn how to make my version of homemade beef tapa, a Filipino-inspired dish. Tapa is dried or cured beef, mutton, venison or horse meat, although other meat or even fish may be used. Filipinos prepare tapa by using thin slices of meat and curing these with salt and spices as a preservation method.
Beef Tapa step by step
- Combine in a container all ingredients. Stir well..
- After mixing all the ingredients, place the beef meat in a container or ziplock bag..
- Cover and refrigerate the marinade for a minimum of 12 hours or overnight..
- Fry until brown..
- Serve with sunny side eggs and plain rice or garlic fried rice..
Tapa is often cooked fried or grilled. How to cook Filipino beef tapa. Traditionally, tapa was a means to extend the shelf life of meats (and other proteins like chicken and fish). The meat was cured or dried with salt and various spices similar. Beef tapa is a type of cured meat of thin slices of tender beef.