Beef Steak Filipino Style. If the Americans have Beef Steak, we Filipinos have Bistek. Bistek Tagalog is a type of Filipino beef stew. This is also known as Beefsteak to some people.
In my opinion, there is a huge possibility that the term Bistek was derived from the words "beef steak". Add marinated beef steak and cook slow until done then increase heat for a minute or two to brown steaks. This quick and easy Filipino beef steak recipe takes very little time to make. You can cook Beef Steak Filipino Style using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Steak Filipino Style
- You need 1 of kilo Beef Steak Meat.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salt.
- You need 1 piece of calamansi.
- Prepare 1 of regular onion.
- It’s 3 of garlic seeds.
- It’s 1 slice of ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 of Bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/2 glass sprite.
- It’s 2 spoons of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 slices of carrots.
- It’s of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 of white onion.
The meat is marinated with lemon juice and soya sauce. Reviews for: Photos of Filipino Beef Steak. Pan-fry the beef working in batches, remove after browning on both sides. When all the beef has been browned, pour the marinade into the skillet and bring to a slow boil and simmer for a few minutes or until cooked through.
Beef Steak Filipino Style instructions
- Marinade Beef steak meat, 1 tbs salt, and the calamansi..
- Fry until the beef oil and the meat is brownish..
- Put in pressure cooker with garlic, onions, 1 & 1/2 Sprite, bell pepper and ginger including the soy sauce for 15 minutes..
- Put in stove or frying pan. Add cornstarch,stir til its sticky, add the white onions and the dish is done.
Adjust the sauce with more soy sauce or juice, or some water, to suit your taste. The smell of Filipino beef steak is enough to make one drool. I think it's safe to say we all grew up eating beef steak. Nothing beats the sight of tender slices of beef swimming in liquid gold marinade, with huge rings of onion glistening from the sauce. Filipino style recipe: pork steak or pork bistek tagalog is pork dish.