Cubed Steak. Cube steak or cubed steak is a cut of beef, usually top round or top sirloin, tenderized and flattened by pounding with a meat tenderizer. The name refers to the shape of the indentations left by that process (called "cubing"). This is the most common cut of meat used for the American dish chicken fried steak.
Food Network has posted short videos for. Cube Steak (even grass-fed) is pretty cheap so stock up. Once you cook this recipe, it will quickly become a family favorite! You can have Cubed Steak using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cubed Steak
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Seasoning Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 2 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 1 of Vegetable Oil.
See more ideas about Cube steak, Cube steak recipes, Beef recipes. Cubed steak with onion gravy is an easy recipe that makes a wonderful weeknight meal your family will love. To cook cube steak in a skillet, rinse the steak with cool water and pat it dry with paper towels, then sprinkle each side of the steak with salt and pepper. Cube steak, sometimes labeled as cubed steak or minute steak, is an inexpensive, flavorful cut of beef that's pre-tenderized.
Cubed Steak instructions
- Rinse your cube steaks off and pat them so they won't be soaked with water..
- I coat both sides with my dry ingredients such as it's a tablespoon to each side..
- Now it's time for you to coat with your flour..
- This time I chose to use my deep fryer instead of my skillet..
- Time for Cooking and Browning.
- I made biscuits as well then turned these into little cube steak sliders..
It's taken from the top or bottom round — a tough portion near the rump of. Cube steak is also known as cubed steak, so you might hear it referred to in either way, but they're both the same thing. This cut gets a bad reputation for being a low-end cut, but that reputation isn't. Cube steak is a cut of beef tenderized by fierce pounding with a meat tenderizer, or use of an electric tenderizer. Cube steak is a cut of meat that has been run through a mechanical tenderizer or pounded with a tenderizing mallet to create cube-shaped perforations.