Minute Steak & Milk Gravy. Minute steak is a thinly cut and pounded piece of beef, usually cut from the sirloin or round steak. Minute steaks are thin and cook very quickly, giving them their name. Because of their quick cooking times, minute steaks are the perfect answer to the meal-time question for the busy cook (and family).
View Suggestions BACK TO TOP See all Scripps Networks Digital. The first minute steak (or cube steak) I bought, I actually bought accidentally. I just wanted a steak, and this one had a good price :). You can cook Minute Steak & Milk Gravy using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Minute Steak & Milk Gravy
- It’s 1 of minute steaks.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of milk.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable oil.
But once I knew what they are and how to prepare a minute steak, we really started to love them. This minute steak recipe, baked in gravy, is all from scratch with only healthy, wholesome ingredients. Ingredients Some steaks are sliced very thin during butchering, but this is relatively uncommon. The meat can be pounded flat on a steak-by-steak basis, usually with a special meat mallet, but this can be very time consuming.
Minute Steak & Milk Gravy step by step
- Put just enough oil to cover the bottom of your frying pan and heat.
- Put some flour in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix.
- Coat the steaks in the flour mix.
- Now fry those bad boys up. Cook both side until done. Take out set aside.
- Now add some flour to the pan. Bout 1/2 cup. And brown at low heat..
- Now add milk a little at a time and whisk until you get the thickness you like. If it gets to thin add some more flour, to thick add more milk..
- Once gravy is to your liking add the steaks back and serve..
You can pan-fry or braise minute steaks on the stove or roast them on the grill. Follow these steps to cook this lean cut of beef to get it juicy and tender. It's taken from the top or bottom round — a tough portion near. There's only a small amount of butter, but the way it blends with the beef broth and barbeque sauce, the effect is amplified. A minute steak is a tenderized round steak cut into steaks.