Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak. Pepper Steak is a popular Chinese American stir fry dish. It appears to be inspired by black pepper beef, a Chinese dish featuring beef, bell peppers and onions cooked in a strong black pepper flavored sauce. The American version is not spicy and does not use as much black pepper spice in the sauce.
Crock pot pepper steak is an easy homemade version of the classic Chinese American dish. Bell peppers and tender beef in a rich, thick sauce made with ginger, soy sauce and Cook It Quick: Mom's Pepper Steak. Free weblog publishing tool from Google, for sharing text, photos and video. You can have Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak
- Prepare of sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of beef bullion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of sirloin steak, 1 inch thick, cut into thin 2 inch long strips.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 3 medium of green bell peppers, julienned.
- You need 2 medium of onions.
- You need 1 of 6-ounce can of water chestnuts, drained.
- You need 4 of green onions, chopped.
Pepper Steak (Chinese: 青椒牛肉) is a stir-fried Chinese American dish consisting of thinly sliced marinated steak (usually flank or sirloin) stir fried to juicy perfection with green and red bell peppers in a savory sauce. The sauce ingredients can vary, but it is typically soy based, seasoned with ginger. Chinese Pepper Steak was never a recipe we wanted to order when we'd go out to eat, but after getting hooked on the Black Pepper Chicken from. The Typical Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn Keyword beef, chinese, copycat, crockpot express, instant pot, ninja foodi, panda express, pepper, pf changs, pressure cooker, steak.
Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak instructions
- Add the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside..
- Sprinkle the strips of sirloin with the ginger powder and black pepper. Mix by hand to coat evenly. Set aside..
- In a skillet or wok, heat the oil and garlic over medium high heat for about 5 minutes to allow the garlic to infuse with the oil..
- Add the seasoned strips of sirloin to the hot oil and stir fry until you no longer see any pink on the beef. About 5 minutes. Remove the meat to a bowl and set aside..
- Now add the peppers and water chestnuts to the hot oil and stir fry for about 4 minutes..
- Next, add the onion and continue stir frying until the onions are translucent..
- Add the sirloin back in and give it a couple of stirs. Before you add the sauce, give it a stir because the cornstarch will have settled to the bottom. Stir the sauce into the meat and veggies. Raise the heat and continue stirring until sauce thickens..
- Turn off the heat and toss in the green onion pieces. Give it a couple of stirs..
- Serve hot over rice with plenty of sauce..
Next off were going to cut up our steak into bite size pieces pick a size and stick with it as long as everything cooks even, add your cut beef to a bowl add some chopped garlic. Mom used to make this Chinese pepper steak when I was a kid. It's an easy dish that brings back all the good childhood feels. Sarawak Black Pepper Sauce The Food Lane Recipes. Chinese Pepper Steak (Stir-Fried Beef with Onions, Peppers, an… Serious Eats.