Meatless Mushroom Burger Steak. This video will show you how to cook burger steak ala Jollibee. I also included a cooking tutorial on how to make mushroom gravy that goes with it. Marinating steak usually involves a lot of time, but that's not the case here.
Mushrooms and shredded Parmesan cheese add a meaty flavor to these juicy veggie burgers. This will become one of my regular vegetarian recipes for meatless Mondays. They call it simply as burger steak. You can cook Meatless Mushroom Burger Steak using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meatless Mushroom Burger Steak
- It’s 1 can of Sliced button mushroom.
- It’s 1 each of Egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Flour.
- You need 1 envelope of Gravy mix (I use McCormick's).
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
Since I got all the ingredients, I made my own Jollibee Inspired Burger Steak with Mushroom Gravy. I think that it was a good blend because both meats complemented each other in terms of taste and texture. I had one of the best tasting burger patties. We're making mushroom burgers." Radio silence.
Meatless Mushroom Burger Steak instructions
- Drain the mushrooms well (keeping the drained liquid for the gravy). Separate about a couple of tablespoonfuls for the gravy and chop the remainder finely..
- Separate the egg white from the yolk. Beat the white until foamy before adding in and beating the yolk.
- Add the egg to the finely chopped mushrooms.
- Add flour as needed until mixture binds together well. Season with salt and pepper as needed and preferred.
- As a flavor option, you can mash in one pork or beef-flavored boullion cube.
- Fry about two spoonfuls each in a buttered skillet until golden brown.
- Place the fried patties on paper towels or a draining rack to drain out the excess oil. This batch makes about 10-12 patties..
- Prepare the gravy by dissolving the packet of gravy mix in one cup of the liquid drained from the canned mushrooms. Mix well until free from lumps..
- Sautee the mushroom slices set aside earlier in the same buttered skillet used in frying the patties. Once slightly browned, add in the gravy mix and bring to a boil until it thickens, stirring continuously to avoid lumps..
- Add salt and pepper or more butter to the gravy as preferred. Serve with the plated patties..
- Enjoy! :).
Usually an invitation for free food and the company of his firstborn is met with gleeful I love how mushroom burgers taste almost like Salsbury Steak. We only do one flip of the burger on the grill and add the cheese to the finished side. Cook ground beef, mushrooms and onion mixture in a. are heated through. Build a better veggie burger with help from Bill Telepan, the legendary chef behind his eponymous New York City restaurant. Or just serve them one of his cheese- and aioli-slathered mushroom burgers (see the recipe) and smile triumphantly as they wolf it down—and then try to steal a bite of yours.