Oriental Pepper Steak. Beef top sirloin steak is sliced across the grain for tenderness, coated in a sweet-and-savory soy sauce marinade, then quickly stir fried with fresh green pepper, onion, and tomatoes. Be the first to review this recipe. I found this recipe in an old cookbook, and since it looked so good I decided to post it!
You can use Chinese light soy sauce and Shaoxing wine to make it tastes utterly Chinese if you prefer a real Chinese pepper steak. You will love this recipe which is very different from your regular steak. For starters, the meal is very easy to prepare. You can have Oriental Pepper Steak using 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oriental Pepper Steak
- It’s 1 lb of beef tenderloin, cut into strips.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, cut into strips.
- It’s 2 of anaheim sweet peppers, cut into strips.
- It’s 1 of poblano pepper, cut into strips.
- You need 2 of jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped.
- You need 1 medium of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 12 of button mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 5 of cherry tomatos, quartered.
- Prepare 1 of FOR SAUCE.
- You need 4 of minced cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 cup of low sodium beef broth.
- You need 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of hoisin sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of seasoned rice vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mirin.
- It’s 3 tbsp of dry white wine.
- You need 4 tbsp of ketchup.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of sriracha hot sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 2 tbsp of canola oil for cooking, more or less as needed.
- It’s 1 of FOR GARNISH.
- You need 2 tbsp of white seasame seeds.
It has only two ingredients, which you can easily find no matter where you come from. All you need is beefsteak and bell peppers to make this delicious dish. Pepper steak is one of the classic take out items of Chinese food restaurants and Take Out Stands across the country. While it bears little resemblance to its original dish (which contained pork, by the way), it's still a fast and easy to prepare meal that's quite delicious.
Oriental Pepper Steak step by step
- Heat a large skillet with oil to thin cover the bottom. Season beef lightly with salt and pepper, sear quickly to brown each piece, remove as done to a plate.
- Add mushrooms and onions to skillet, cover and cook until soft about 5 minutes..
- Uncover skillet and add all peppers and stir fry until tender, 5 to 10 minutes, add tomatos and cook just until soft, 1 or 2 minutes, remove all vegetables to another plate..
- Combine all sauce ingrdients in a bowl, whisk well, add to skillet and bring to a boil and cook until it thickens to a sauce 4 to 5 minutes, add vegetables and beef to sauce and heat through.Serve sprinkled with seasame seeds..
- Serve with cooked basmati or jasmati rice. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/348908-basmati-or-jasmati-rice-basic-recipe.
My family and I eat chinese take out at least once a week and pepper steak is one of my favorites. This recipe is the rel deal. Instttead of oil I used butter. Place oil into wok and heat up oil. Add garlic, meat, salt, ginger and pepper.