Amy's Mongolian Beef .. My Mongolian Beef recipe uses healthy fats and wholesome ingredients to make it Paleo, AIP, and Amy Myers, MD is a two-time New York Times bestselling author and an internationally acclaimed. Mongolian Beef is a recipe that I've been. Mongolian Beef is certainly no stranger to Chinese-American restaurants.
BETTER THAN TAKEOUT – Easy Mongolian Beef Recipe. Mongolian Beef is one of the best Chinese recipes. This easy Mongolian beef recipe is better than Mongolian beef is delicious, with silky and tender beef in a rich and savory Chinese brown sauce. You can cook Amy's Mongolian Beef . using 19 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Amy's Mongolian Beef .
- It’s 1 of egg white.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 500 grams of sirloin steak.
- Prepare 1 cup of oil for frying.
- Prepare 2 large of carrots – washed , peeled and sliced into long thin strips.
- You need 1 large of onion – peeled and sliced in diagonals about 2cm thick.
- Prepare 1 large of green capsicum/pepper – deseeded and cut into thin strips.
- It’s 1 stick of celery – cut into about 1nch pieces.
- It’s 1 of lebanese cucumber – sliced into rounds.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic – peeled and minced or 1/2 teaspoon pre minced garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil for stir frying.
- It’s 3 tbsp of hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of rice vinegar or chinese rice wine.
- You need 1 tsp of chilli paste or amount to taste.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornflour.
But this isn't any kind of mongolian beef dish. It's almost an exact replica of PF Chang's recipe! In the time it takes to cook rice, you can have delicious restaurant quality Mongolian beef ready to serve on top. Vegan Mongolian beef is made by pan-frying pieces of seitan until they're lightly crisped, and then simmering them in a sticky, sweet and spicy sauce.
Amy's Mongolian Beef . instructions
- slice the beef into thin strips , about a couple cm width and place in a bowl and add the egg white , salt and sesame oil and mix to coat and marinade the beef. set in fridge for half hour . while beef is marinating wash and slice vegetables , peel and mince the garlic , set aside till needed . now in a clean bowl mix together the hoisin , water , cornflour , dark soy , rice vinegar and the chilli , mix well to combine and set aside till needed ..
- once the beef has marinated heat your wok or pan and add the cup of oil and heat then add the beef , handfuls at a time as not to stew it , and fry until it changes colour then remove from wok and drain on paper towel . once all the beef is done clean out your wok with paper towel , return it to the heat and add 2 tablespoons of oil to the wok to stir fry with , once hot add the garlic and fry briefly then add the carrots , capsicum/pepper , onion , celery and cucumber and fry briefly again then push the vegetables to the side of the wok as to make a well now add your pre made sauce to the middle of the wok and bring to the boil , stirring till it thickens slightly and then add the sugar and stir , finally add the beef back to the wok and mix to combine with the sauce and vegetables to coat all . serve hot , serve with rice or chinese noodles . enjoy . 🙂 ..
I add a pinch of Chinese five spice to mine. This Mongolian beef is generous on the flavor, and cooks up quickly for a delicious What is Mongolian Beef, and what makes it so popular? This particular dish has everything we love about. Mongolian Beef – Let the Baking Begin! Mongolian Beef is a combination of juicy beef steak, seared peppers, onions, and green scallions made with a sweet & savory Mongolian beef sauce.