Beef Steak Filipino Style. Remove the beef slices from the marinade, shaking to remove any excess liquid. Filipino beef steak, or bistek, is a staple in every household in the Philippines. This must-try recipe is very delicious and simple to make.
This is also known as Beefsteak to some people. It is comprised of thin slices of beef and a generous amount of onions. These are stewed in a soy sauce and lemon juice mixture until the beef gets very tender. You can have Beef Steak Filipino Style using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Steak Filipino Style
- You need 1 of kilo Beef Steak Meat.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 piece of calamansi.
- Prepare 1 of regular onion.
- Prepare 3 of garlic seeds.
- You need 1 slice of ginger.
- It’s 1/2 of Bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of & 1/2 glass sprite.
- You need 2 spoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 slices of carrots.
- Prepare of Cornstarch.
- It’s 1/2 of white onion.
It is best enjoyed with warm rice. Beef Steak Recipe Filipino Style If the Americans have Beef Steak, we Filipinos have Bistek. American steak dishes are big slabs of grilled meat while we enjoy ours in smaller and thinly sliced beef meat. We are not known to be heavy meat eaters.
Beef Steak Filipino Style instructions
- Marinade Beef steak meat, 1 tbs salt, and the calamansi..
- Fry until the beef oil and the meat is brownish..
- Put in pressure cooker with garlic, onions, 1 & 1/2 Sprite, bell pepper and ginger including the soy sauce for 15 minutes..
- Put in stove or frying pan. Add cornstarch,stir til its sticky, add the white onions and the dish is done.
We usually eat matchbox sized meat with vegetables and lots of rice. Bistek, or Filipino Beefsteak, is essentially steak and onions but with an Asian spin. Thinly-sliced beef is briefly marinated in calamansi (or lemon) and soy sauce, seared and simmered with the marinade and topped with onion slices. This is a Filipino style beef steak. Made from thinly sliced beef and marinated with soy sauce, calamansi juice, pepper and liquid seasoning.