Grandma's Salisbury Steaks and Gravy. This recipe makes enough for a crowd, so if your family is smaller, you can cut the recipe in half, freeze half of it or have Add the patties back to the pan. Did you grow up with Salisbury steak as a staple meal? A classic Salisbury steak in beef and mushroom gravy.
The recipe makes plenty of gravy, so serve with mashed potatoes or buttered noodles. Homemade Salisbury Steak is an easy comfort food dinner! Made with homemade ground beef steaks and covered in the best mushroom gravy, this is a hearty meal the whole family will love. You can have Grandma's Salisbury Steaks and Gravy using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grandma's Salisbury Steaks and Gravy
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 packages of dried onion soup mx.
- You need 1 of small onion minced.
- You need 1 of salt, pepper, garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- You need 3/4 cup of tomatoes juice or sauce.
Ground beef is one of my favorite proteins to have on hand – it's budget-friendly, defrosts quickly and there's so. My recipe for Salisbury steaks grilled and simmered in a savory mushroom sauce, is fairly easy to prepare and delicious. This can be finished two SERVE: Transfer steaks onto serving plates with a spatula. Salisbury steak is a classic American dish, similar to Hamburg steak and not too different from meatloaf and meatballs (except in shape).
Grandma's Salisbury Steaks and Gravy step by step
- EASY!!!! Put ground beef in large mixing bowl. add minced onion, tomato juice, salt and pepper, egg and garlic powder. add dried onion soup and mix in also..
- Mix ingredients by hand. Pat out like burgers and fry in skillet where they become firm and browned on both sides. NOT DONE!!!!.
- Take burgers out. use a spoon to get any burned peices out of the oil. in skillet make pan gravy with flour. it should be kinda watery. can use either broth or water..
- Put burgers back in the gravy and turn on simmer. gravy should thicken up, cook about 20-25 min on low. add salt, pepper, or garlic to taste..
- ** there is a recipe for PAN GRAVY on my profile..
- **** u can use the MEAT MIX on my profile….
- I DIDNT KNOW THAT MY NOTES COULD NOT BE VIEWED BY EVERYONE!!!…. I added it as a "step"…. i found that it does make a difference in the meat/ fat ratio….. also the recipe calls for 3/4 cup of tomato juice…. im not in your kitchen, so start woth 1/2 cup and a splash…..
Seasoned with onion, garlic, and plenty of black pepper, formed into a steak-like patty, and pan-fried, it's served with a rich and meaty mushroom brown gravy. My niece came to visit and I said I was making salisbury steak. "But Uncle Jaxx, I hate salisbury steak." Thanks for joining us at the To Grandma's House We Go link party! This delicious Salisbury Steak Recipe has been hugely popular and it's inexpensive to make and tastes great. You will be excited to learn how to make Salisbury Steak with Gravy. This old fashioned favorite is not only easy and delicious, but it's also budget-friendly.