Tapsilog. Tapsilog is one of my favorite breakfast meal options during big days. The word Tapsilog is an acronym that stands for Tapa Sinangag at Itlog. These are the three components of the meal.
It was originally intended to be quick breakfast or late-night hangover fare. Tapsilog is a popular Filipino breakfast dish that consists of beef tapa, fried egg, and garlic fried rice. Serve it alongside fresh tomatoes, cucumber slices, and a spicy vinegar dipping sauce. You can have Tapsilog using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tapsilog
- It’s 1 lb of sirloin beef.
- It’s of Egg.
- You need of Marinade.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic (grated).
- It’s 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need of Garlic Fried Rice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of garlic (grated).
- It’s 1 cup of rice (day old).
Tapsilog is how they do breakfast in the Philippines. It consists of a fried egg, garlic fried rice and beef. Yup, it's breakfast Filipino-style and here's. Her tapsilog became one of her bestsellers.
Tapsilog step by step
- Mix salt, pepper, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and garlic.
- Tenderize and slice sirloin into strips.
- Add to marinade and leave for 30 mins to overnight.
- Saute garlic until golden brown.
- Saute rice then added sauted garlic.
- Fry egg.
- Saute marinaded beef.
She designed her tapsilog as a budget meal that was "I was the first one to call tapa, sinangag, itlog as tapsilog. That's not the only thing that I invented," she. What are tapsilog and other silogs? Tapsilog is a popular Filipino breakfast dish. Eventually, tapsilog was incorporated on the menus of many Filipino fast food chains and specialized tapsihan eateries.