Beef and Guinness Stew. Beer, beef, and bacon add deep, complex flavors to this Irish-inspired stew that's at its best when served with mashed potatoes. Beef and Guinness stew is a perfect dish to warm you up on a cold day! Irish Beef Stew Recipe with Guinness.
I could have gone that route, but. This Irish beef stew, slow-simmered with a bottle of Guinness until it's perfectly rich and cozy and delicious, and will warm you up down to your bones. I have a long history of making this recipe every year around St. You can cook Beef and Guinness Stew using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef and Guinness Stew
- It’s 6 of strips Bacon.
- Prepare 4 lb of Chuck Roast or Sirloin Roast.
- You need 3 tbsp of Flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Pepper.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 large of Onion Coarsely Chopped.
- Prepare 3 of stalks Celery.
- Prepare 2 of bottles – 24 oz total Guinness Beer.
- It’s 1 of packet Onion Soup Mix.
- You need 6 oz of Tomato Paste.
- You need 3 of Sprigs Thyme.
- You need 1 lb of Baby Carrots.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of Beef Broth.
Patrick's Day, and love bringing home a six-pack of stout to make it happen. Beef and Guinness stew is a perfect dish for a cold autumn day. You can serve this as a stew or take it one step further and use it as the filling for an impressive Pour in the stock, Guinness, one bay leaf and season to taste. This beef and Guinness stew is super easy to make with some bacon, stewing beef, Guinness Stout, and vegetables.
Beef and Guinness Stew instructions
- Fry the 6 strips of bacon in skillet. Reserve fat in skillet. Crumble bacon and put in roasting pan..
- Cut roast into 2 inch cubes and coat with the flour. Season with salt and pepper..
- Heat up skillet with cooking oil to med-high. Sear the meat cubes for 3-4 minutes. Move them to roasting pan..
- Add the onion and celery. Stir in skillet until translucent. Add garlic for a couple of minutes to soften..
- Add Guinness beer to onion mixture. Scrape with wooden spoon to loosen stuck bits of goodness..
- Add onion soup mix and stir to combine..
- Stir in Tomato paste to combine. Add Thyme sprigs..
- Add baby carrots to meat in roasting pan..
- Add Guinness, onion, paste and onion soup mixture on top of roasting pan..
- Top up with up to 20 ounces (just covering meat). Cover roasting pan and place in 300°F oven for 2 hours. Reduce heat to 250°F for another 2 hours. Taste and check tenderness adjusting time if needed. Also adjust seasoning if needed..
- Prepare smashed potatoes. Use about 6-8 potatoes cut up in 1 inch cubes. Boil approx. 20 minutes or till fork tender..
- Drain and add about 1 cup of milk and 3 Tbsp. butter. Coarsely mash to your desired consistency adding milk or butter as needed..
- Place potatoes in bowl with a hole in the center. Fill hole with stew. Alternative: Put stew in bowl and add a dollop of potatoes on top of stew..
- Describe this step.
It's the perfect stew to make on a cold day. Enjoy the stew with crusty rolls or biscuits along with a tossed salad and a mug of stout. Or serve it with this classic Irish soda bread. Rich Irish beef stew, made with the unmistakable flavors of Guinness and coffee, makes this the most savory and mouthwatering comfort food you'll ever eat! Generally a Guinness beef stew is made with a tough cut of meat like a chuck roast (or shoulder roast), vegetables (like potatoes, carrots.