Beef Enchiladas. Mix in red enchilada sauce, chili powder, and salt. Ground beef and onion are wrapped in flour tortillas, topped with Cheddar cheese and black olives, then baked. This is also great with leftover chicken, shredded beef or turkey.
Fancy ones with the addition of chillies, beans, corn and even olives, sometimes even bacon. Ground beef and onion are wrapped in flour tortillas, topped with Cheddar cheese and black olives, then baked. This is also great with leftover chicken, shredded beef or turkey. You can cook Beef Enchiladas using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Enchiladas
- Prepare 12 of large tortillas.
- You need 50 ml of olive oil.
- You need 4 of onions, cut in half and sliced.
- It’s 4 of green bell peppers, sliced.
- It’s 2 kg of beef steaks, cut into strips (sirloin or your favourite cut).
- You need 1 1/2 liter of Mexican sauce.
- It’s 900 grams of Cheddar cheese, grated.
- You need 8 tsp of bbq spice.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with a green salad or beans and rice. Brown meat and onions in large skillet. Put filling along center of each tortilla. Pour in the red sauce, chicken broth, cilantro, salt and pepper.
Beef Enchiladas step by step
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Brown onions and green peppers in a little bit of olive oil, then put aside.
- Season steak strips with bbq spice, salt and pepper.
- Fry steak strips in olive oil until cooked medium, then set aside.
- Open tortillas.
- Divide the Mexican sauce in half. Now take one half and put equal amounts of Mexican sauce in each tortilla https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/357522-spicy-mexican-enchilada-sauce.
- Followed with equal amounts of onions and green peppers in each tortilla, using all the onions and green peppers.
- Do the same with the steak strips.
- Divide the cheese in half. Take one half and put equal amounts of cheese in each tortilla.
- Roll up the tortillas and place them in a greased oven dish.
- Cover them with the remainder of the Mexican sauce followed by the remaining cheese.
- Bake them for about 25 minutes or until light brown.
- They go well with a Mexican side dish. Here is suggestions https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/348573-sweet-corn-and-avocado-salsa https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359074-fresh-guacamole.
How to make beef enchiladas: Cook the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain the grease and then sprinkle the meat with the homemade taco seasoning and stir with tomato sauce. Make the homemade enchilada sauce, which is made by creating a roux with oil, flour, seasonings, and then stirring in broth. In a large skillet, saute the onion until just soft, not browned. Mix in flour and green chilies.