Simple pan-fried steak. You can easily cook your steak in a frying pan. Baste your steak with butter and spices for some extra flavor, and eat your steak with sides like mashed potatoes, broccoli, and side salad. If you can't find king oyster mushrooms, use oyster, porcini, or button mushrooms.
This simple three-step method will give you a perfectly cooked stovetop steak — cooked just the way you like it, every time. The best steaks for cooking on the stovetop are boneless steaks that are between one and one-and-a-half inches thick. Pan searing a beautiful steak is wayyy easier than you'd think. You can have Simple pan-fried steak using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple pan-fried steak
- It’s 1/2 of t-bone steak.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 of timer – e.g. on your mobile.
- Prepare of oil.
- Prepare of butter.
Use a THICK cut of steak. The Delish test kitchen prefers boneless ribeye steak because of all the marbled fat. This Pan Fried Steak is so fast, easy and DELICIOUS; just as good or better than a steakhouse! It's fast and the results are just as good as a steakhouse!
Simple pan-fried steak step by step
- Unfreeze steak and let it rest until it is of a room temperature..
- Heat your pan on a fire of maximum intensity. Pour oil a little and spread it evenly using a brush..
- Rub salt and spices into the meat..
- Get your timer ready. Make sure the pan is very hot..
- Sear the steak 1 minute strictly for each sides. Now the meat juices are sealed, and won't be leaking like crazy. They need to be kept inside, since we don't want leathery piece as a result. The timer should indicate 2 minutes by now..
- Depending on its thickness, steak should be prepared for 5-7 minutes on each side to reach desired state. Decrease fire a little, and continue cooking..
- Add butter before turning the steak. Spread it evenly using brush..
- Turn the steak and continue cooking. Avoid piercing it while turning or testing its state. We don't want these juices running, do we?.
- When steak is properly fried, let it rest for 10 minutes on a plate. It allows juices to spread evenly for better taste..
Simple Pan-fried Steak With MushroomsKitchen Stories. Pan-Fried Steak with Spiralized Onions, Mushrooms & Blue CheeseInspiralized. Pan Fried Steak with Dijon White Wine SauceGlebe Kitchen. Steak is a tricky food to get right, but I have perfected my method for cooking one. Knowing how to make a delicious pan seared steak can transform a piece of beef into a juicy entrée with complex flavors and a perfect char.