Steak fajitas. The best part about beef steak fajitas is that you can pair them with any vegetables you love: bell When I get a hankering for beef fajitas, I pretty much can think of nothing else until I eat them. Using tender flank steak, you can make an amazing and easy weeknight dinner. For a seriously satisfying dinner at home, look no further than this foolproof steak fajita recipe.
Either will be a good choice. Using tender flank steak, you can make an amazing and easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love. Beef fajitas are delicious served with a lot of condiments on the side. You can have Steak fajitas using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steak fajitas
- You need 2 of pound flank steak, or similar cut.
- It’s 1/2 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 3 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of juice from 1 lime.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of Mexican oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 2 of onions, sliced.
- It’s 3 of bell peppers, a trio of colours preferred.
- Prepare 8 of warm flour tortillas.
- It’s 1 of shredded cheese, (I use crumbled queso fresco or Chihuahua cheese. use whatever floats your boat (: ).
My favorites are guacamole, extra cilantro, and beans and rice! These spicy beef fajitas are packed with fresh flavours and are surprisingly low in calories if you use lean beef. Cooking (and eating) steak fajitas is such a summertime ritual. I love heating up the grill, having friends over and drinking a margarita (true story: I do drink the occasional margarita!).
Steak fajitas step by step
- You can do this two ways – thinly slice your flank steak or leave whole. I like to slice it- it marinates better and it cooks faster..
- Mix the marinade ingredients- the olive oil through the cilantro..
- Pour half the marinade over veggies and half over the meat..
- Let marinade for one hour ( you may marinade longer if you choose but an hour will do the trick).
- Now get a grill screaming hot. Using a grill pan or grill wok, place on grill for a few minutes to get that hot. Add the veggies and quickly stir fry for about 2 minutes. Then throw that meat on top and continue stirring and shaking that pan. Cook about another five minutes or meat is desired doneness. Trust me.. you'll want it pink to red though..
- If cooking a whole flank steak, cook veggies as directed and cook the steak whole on grill grates for about 2-3 minutes on both sides. Flank steak is thin so don't overcook! ( I'm so terrified of overcooking beef!) Remember! Grill needs to be hot!.
- Serve on warm tortillas, add chopped avocado, sour cream, hot sauce, the cheese, etc., etc. Delicious!.
Really great, with all easily available ingredients. I've tried other fajita marinade recipes and this has been the best by far. There's something about that sizzling platter of fajitas that always makes everyone's mouth water when it goes by the table at your favorite Mexican food spot. Serve steak fajitas with accompanying veggies on tortillas with. These Steak Fajitas are so easy to make, and you can make your own homemade fajita seasoning ahead of time.