Batter Fried Cube Steak. Breaded cube steak is the main ingredient of that staple of southern and Texas cuisine, country-fried — or chicken-fried — steak. Using standard breading procedure will ensure your batter sticks to these cube steak cutlets. Rinse the cube steak under cool running water to moisten and remove any.
When butter is melted, fry pieces of steak in butter/oil mixture. Meanwhile, broil the bread with the cheese. Pat cube steaks dry with paper towel and dredge in seasoned flour. You can have Batter Fried Cube Steak using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Batter Fried Cube Steak
- Prepare of Batter———————–.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s To taste of onion powder.
- Prepare To taste of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare To taste of kosher salt.
- Prepare To taste of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of small egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s Cube of Steak———————.
- You need 1-1/2 pound of cube steak.
- Prepare As needed of lightly kosher salt.
- You need of Oil.
- It’s As needed of oil to medium fry in.
- It’s of Pasta——————-.
- It’s 1/2 pound of Linguine pasta.
- Prepare As needed of water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of extra Virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley.
- It’s of Sauce———————-.
- Prepare 16 ounces of Your favorite sauce.
This Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (Country Fried Steak) starts by frying a tender steak with a beyond flavorful batter that results in the most crunchy and crispy breading then country white gravy or this Sawmill Gravy with a kick is drizzled on top!! Serve with my amazing Garlic mashed potatoes, Collard. Cube steak or cubed steak is a cut of beef, usually top round or top sirloin, tenderized and flattened by pounding with a meat tenderizer. The name refers to the shape of the indentations left by that process (called "cubing").
Batter Fried Cube Steak instructions
- Heat the oil. Mix the flour, milk and egg with the spices..
- You want this batter to coat but not to thin..
- Fry in the oil..
- Move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil..
- Cook the pasta add the parsley and sauce..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
This is the most common cut of meat used for the American dish chicken fried steak. Place steak into the flour, then batter, and then into the flour again. Lower the steak bites into the hot oil, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Make your onions FIRST: Here is a quick tutorial on how to make either Fried (aka quick) or Caramelized (aka slow) Onions. Cube Steak (even grass-fed) is pretty cheap so stock up.