Chicken Fried Steak & Pepper Gravy. Chicken fried steak, also known as country-fried steak, is an American breaded cutlet dish consisting of a piece of beefsteak (most often tenderized cube steak) coated with seasoned flour and pan-fried. Chicken-fried steak, if you are unfamiliar with the dish, is a Southern favorite—tenderized beef Chicken fried steak is made most often with cube steak, or steak that has already been tenderized. For the steak: Begin with setting up an assembly line of dishes.
You'll find it on the menu at nearly every mom-and-pop spot and at larger chains as well. It's the first thing my husband orders whenever we return home. Chicken-fried or country-fried steak is enjoyed everywhere in the U. You can have Chicken Fried Steak & Pepper Gravy using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Fried Steak & Pepper Gravy
- It’s 4 each of cubed steak.
- Prepare 2 each of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 of oil for frying.
- You need 1 tsp of season salt.
- It’s pinch of cayenne pepper.
- It’s pinch of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of any other seasoning you like.
- Prepare 1 packages of Mills Pepper Gravy ( or make your own ).
S., but especially in the Southern and Southwestern states. It is usually made with round steak, tenderized then dipped in an egg and. The BEST Chicken Fried Steak recipe online! This country fried steak is crunchy, crispy, and beyond flavorful.
Chicken Fried Steak & Pepper Gravy step by step
- Take all the spices and add to flour.
- Salt each cubed steak.
- Dip steak in flour mixture then egg mixture then again in flour mixture.shake off excess..
- Place floured cube steak in hot oil. Approx 3-5 minutes per side..
- Make Peppered gravy according to package directions. Super easy..
- When cube steak and gravy is done pour gravy over your chicken fried steak and enjoy…so easy and so delicious..
Chicken fried steak with country gravy is classic comfort food. It's a great choice for a hearty dinner when your budget is tight, since the cut of steak used is cheap and tasty. See step one to start frying. Chicken fried steak is by no means low fat, but it is a comfort food. It's delicious, it's fast, and a great way to use cube steak or even a tough cut of round steak.