Cube Steaks. Cube steak or cubed steak is a cut of beef, usually top round or top sirloin, tenderized and flattened by pounding with a meat tenderizer. The name refers to the shape of the indentations left by that process (called "cubing"). This is the most common cut of meat used for the American dish chicken fried steak.
Once you cook this recipe, it will quickly become a family favorite! Cube Steak is as tender as can be and irresistible when smothered in a quick gravy made from onion soup mix—easy, simple, and hearty. Cube steak is a thin cut of beef that is usually composed of top sirloin or top round. You can have Cube Steaks using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cube Steaks
- It’s 1 of Cube steak.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 of Pepper.
- You need 1 of Salt.
Because the cut is usually somewhat tough, it is advisable to employ some means of tenderizing the cut before actually. A wide variety of cubed steaks options are available to you, such as part, material. Cube steak is a cut of beef tenderized by fierce pounding with a meat tenderizer, or use of an electric tenderizer. After looking over all the cube steak recipes this is what I came up with.
Cube Steaks step by step
- Melt butter in the pan.
- Fry cube steaks on high heat after the butter is melted, put salt and pepper side down.
- Salt and pepper other side while in the pan.
- After a minute or so turn heat to medium high (you want bottom to brown and the pan and butter to be sizzling).
- Flip when brown and then brown other side.
- After finished out steaks on the plate and (turn off the heat) add salt and pepper and a little water to the pan and make a little gravy for the steaks..
My family loved these and now they want cube steaks at least once a week!! Fork tender you don't need a knife for these! Cubed steak is sometimes labeled as "minute steak" or "fast fry steak" in supermarkets and is usually a budget-friendly meat option. All these types of steaks are tenderized and thin, but still tough. This was the best Cube Steak, that I have EVER HAD.