Salisbury Steak. There's a homeless guy who lives at our local dog park. He's a valuable member of our Anyway, the story of this Salisbury Steak recipe is that I regularly take hot meals down to him. #salisburysteak #homemade #comfortfood The Wolfe Pit shows you How To Make Salisbury Steak. Salisbury steak is credited to Dr.
Salisbury steak is named after the physician who invented it; a tasty hamburger "steak" that is low in carbohydrates. Salisbury steak is usually served with mashed potatoes and whole kernel corn. It was named after its inventor, the renowned American physician James Henry Salisbury. You can have Salisbury Steak using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salisbury Steak
- You need of Salisbury steak.
- Prepare 1/2 of kilo Ground beef.
- You need 1 pc of Beef cube.
- It’s 6 tbsp of Bread crumbs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of mustard powder (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 3 tbsps of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Gravy.
- It’s 1 pc of Beef cube.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Tomato ketchup.
- It’s 1 pc of Onion (sliced).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 cups of Water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Corn starch (dissolved in water).
Salisbury steak isn't a steak, it's basically fancy version of a bun-less hamburger that is simmered in gravy and traditionally served with mashed potatoes. I hated it as a kid, but now I can't get enough of it. Best Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy – A hearty Classic Meal! Break out the BBQ and Worcestershire sauces to make this easy Salisbury Steak.
Salisbury Steak step by step
- Combine all steak ingredients except for the oil and butter..
- Freeze the beef cube and grate it into the mixture. Mix everything together..
- Scoop 3-4 tablespoons of the mixture and roll into a ball. Flatten it and place in a clean plate..
- Melt butter in a pan and add olive oil. Pan fry each side for 4 mins. Set aside..
- Prepare the gravy by putting the oil used to cook with the burger patty into a sauce pan..
- Sauté the onion until soft. Add ketchup, Worchestershire sauce and water. Let it boil..
- Add the beef cube. Stir and continue to cook for 2 mins..
- Add the dissolved corn starch in water. Stir until gravy thickens..
- Pour the gravy onto the salisbury steak..
This is our favorite salisbury steak recipe. I always make enough extra sauce to serve over potatoes. Tastes like it took all day to cook. These Salisbury Steak Meatballs with Gravy and Mashed Potatoes are a classic and a true comfort food. Salisbury steak meatballs rank right near the top of my favorite meatballs of all time.