Salisbury Steak. There's a homeless guy who lives at our local dog park. He's a valuable member of our Anyway, the story of this Salisbury Steak recipe is that I regularly take hot meals down to him. #salisburysteak #homemade #comfortfood The Wolfe Pit shows you How To Make Salisbury Steak. Salisbury steak is credited to Dr.
Salisbury steak is named after the physician who invented it; a tasty hamburger "steak" that is low in carbohydrates. Salisbury steak is usually served with mashed potatoes and whole kernel corn. It was named after its inventor, the renowned American physician James Henry Salisbury. You can have Salisbury Steak using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salisbury Steak
- It’s of Salisbury steak.
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of parsley (dry).
- It’s 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s of gravy.
- Prepare 2 cup of beef stock.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Salisbury steak isn't a steak, it's basically fancy version of a bun-less hamburger that is simmered in gravy and traditionally served with mashed potatoes. I hated it as a kid, but now I can't get enough of it. Best Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy – A hearty Classic Meal! Break out the BBQ and Worcestershire sauces to make this easy Salisbury Steak.
Salisbury Steak step by step
- Combine all of the "Salisbury steak" ingredients and mix well by hand..
- Form into oblong patties and spray each side with a little cooking oil..
- Fry Salisbury steak patties in a pan until cooked and brown on both sides, or bake in the oven at 400 for 20 minutes then flip and continue baking for 10 more minutes..
- Mix up gravy by combining beef stock, cornstarch, and butter in a sauce pan and bringing to a boil stirring regularly..
- Then add garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Continue stirring until thickened slightly and remove from heat..
- (Oven prepared option) Place Salisbury steak in a baking dish and pour gravy over patties. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 400..
- (Crock Pot option) Place Salisbury steak patties in the crock pot and pour gravy over them. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 2-3 hours..
This is our favorite salisbury steak recipe. I always make enough extra sauce to serve over potatoes. Tastes like it took all day to cook. These Salisbury Steak Meatballs with Gravy and Mashed Potatoes are a classic and a true comfort food. Salisbury steak meatballs rank right near the top of my favorite meatballs of all time.